- This event has passed.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Tennis Clubs
March 13 - May 13
CORONAVIRUS – GUIDELINES TO OUR MEMBERS
As we respond to the unprecedented COVID-19 situation we encourage you to be ‘alert not alarmed’.
Tennis Australia has developed strict guidelines for clubs to follow.
Regarding Tennis League, Tennis West encouraging clubs to adhere to the government guidelines, which at this stage only precludes people who are sick, in contact with virus patients, or who have travelled from high risk countries, from attending public places.
Therefore, until we are advised otherwise, Tennis West League will continue as planned.
Should public health advice and this position change, we will update you immediately.
What we are doing:
- Remaining aware and up to date with advice from the Tennis Australia and communicating any relevant information to you our club members.
- Scheduled tournaments (both host and attending) are being monitored on a case-by-case basis and we are communicating regularly with Tennis West.
- Please take the time to read through the following links – which is all the information we have been sent from Tennis Australia in conjunction with our Health Department.
What we ask from you and our club members:
- If you present with any cold, flu or fever symptoms please do NOT attend the tennis club or any club events and seek medical advice.
- We encourage you and your visitors to practice good hygiene – you will see signage around Next Gen and the Pavilion where you find hand sanitizer for your use.
- At this stage we will continue with any planned club activities, but we advise your and your visitors to practice good hygiene, avoid shaking hands or high-fives, and advise anyone who is feeling unwell, has had contact with infected individuals, or has travelled to any high risk countries to avoid attending the club or any associated club events.
And finally, here is some extra advice for those who may have travelled recently …
As per guidelines from the Health Department, we request that players who have travelled to the following countries do not attend tennis clubs or club events until further advice.
- Left or transited through mainland China in the last 14 days, they must isolate themselves for 14 days from the date of leaving mainland China;
- Left or transited through Iran on or after 1 March, they must isolate themselves for 14 days after leaving Iran;
- Left or transited through the Republic of Korea, on or after 5 March, they must isolate themselves for 14 days after leaving the Republic of Korea;
- Left or transited through Italy, on or after 5 March, they must isolate themselves for 14 days after leaving
- Been informed by public health authorities that they have been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus, they must isolate themselves for 14 days after the date of last contact with the confirmed case.
Should you have further concerns please feel free to contact us via email. If you are interested in further information from WHO, AIS, and/or the Western Australian government please see the following links:
If you become unwell and think you may have symptoms of coronavirus, please avoid attending an event or public gathering until you seek medical attention. If you cannot see your GP, call the nationwide 24-hour Coronavirus hotline 1300 675 398
Our number one priority is the safety of our club members, and we will continue to keep you informed as more information comes to light. Things can move and change quickly and we will inform you of any updates as quickly as is reasonable.
Bruno Camarri AM
Royal King’s Park Tennis Club